Quick replies differ from Buttons in the way they are displayed in Messenger: Buttons show up as a menu while quick replies show up as small bubbles.
However, they almost work in the same way. Both, quick replies and buttons can be linked to other recipes and other button features:
- Go to a recipe: Link another recipe to your buttons and drive the conversation between all your recipes.
- Open Website: Link an external URL to your buttons and open websites directly into your bot. (you can choose the size of the pop up)
- Subscribe to a recipe: Suggest to your users to subscribe to a recipe directly through a button.
- Variables: Redirect your users depending on their previous choices (ex: Quizz)
- Share this card: Create a share button on your best cards to offer the possibility to users to share them.
- Call Number: Create a real call button, all you need is to enter your phone number.
- Handover button: Select Handover button to allow to your users to switch from bot to human in one click.
- Subscriptions list: List all user’s subscription recipes.
Buttons can be linked to all buttons features, but Quick replies can only be linked to another recipe, Variables, Subscribe to a recipe, Handover button and subscriptions list.
Quick reply disappear when users select it, they can only press it once. Quick replies so not allow the user to return to a previous step. Otherwise, buttons never disappear when users select them. Users can press it as many times as they want.
You can have as many as eleven quick replies in a single message, and only three buttons per block answers (cards and text + button). Quick replies keep conversations more fluid.